Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Free Positive Parenting Seminar With Amy McCready-Brought to you by momstown!

On February 21st, Amy McCready is partnering with momstown to host a free Positive Parenting webinar. The topic is discipline, and how to get your children to listen to you without having to nag or yell. Some of the momstown mamas and I were talking about it, and how great it is to be able to have these tactics up your sleeve when your kids are acting out. As our children grow, there will be (have been) times where we run out of ideas. We don't know what to say our do, and we have to figure out what, out of all the advice we get, is going to work for our family.

When my nieces were living with us, although they were only 2 and 3, they knew exactly who to listen to and when. In other words, they knew that I didn't know how to deal with their misbehaviour, so they walked all over me, but listened to their Uncle like angels. How great would it have been to have someone from the outside offer guidance, and a different perspective. Ugh, I wish. In hindsight, I can tell you exactly what I would've done differently. But as parents, we don't get the opportunity to sit back and examine the situation before dealing with it. So we have to use the good ol' Girl Guide rule: ALWAYS BE PREPARED.

This webinar will help us prepare, give us some perspective and some tactics to use when we think we're out of ideas. So I'll be doing what one of the other mamas suggested to me yesterday- I'm going to take notes and use them when my sweet little angel tests my limits, and I'm pretty sure I've run out of ideas. So if you haven't registered to join us, follow this link and register to join in!


http://www.positiveparentingsolutions.com/momstown

Your momstown Edmonton North mama,

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment