Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Fantastic Mamas Night Out at the Melting Pot!

Last Friday, the momstown Edmonton North mamas had a great time at the Melting Pot. It was the first time a big group of us mamas have gotten to get together since Amanda and I have taken over sans kiddos , with the exception of a few cute recent additions to the group. It was a great experience for me, as I have never had fondue before. I didn't really know what to expect, I had been told mixed reviews about the place so I went in with an open mind.

















We just did the chocolate and cheese party, we got to choose 2 out of 5 cheeses and 2 chocolates out of 8 for our meal. When we arrived in the party room our cheese was already out on the table being kept warm. It smelt so good! We tried the cheddar and spinach and artichoke. We got a variety of samples to dip into the cheese, pieces of different breads and tortilla chips, apples, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. I have to say my favourite was dipping the apples into the spinach and artichoke cheese. I can almost taste it in my mouth as I am writing this!

After we devoured the cheese, they brought out the chocolate. I am sure that my eyes got wide, my mouth watered just looking at it. We tried the yin and yang chocolate which is white and dark together.




Then it was the flaming turtle chocolate with pecans. Can you say yummmm! It was a real treat to watch the server light the rum on fire and pour it into the chocolate. I was so excited that we had a large group so we go to watch our server do this three times. Then they brought out small plates full of desserts and fruit all drizzled in chocolate. The best thing was it wasn't overly sweet, so even though I stuffed myself it didn't make me feel sick.

We had great food, conversations and laughs. I was so happy to see so many make it out and just be able to relax and enjoys ourselves. If we could do this every month it would be a dream come true. Thank you ladies for a wonderful night out!

Your  momstown Edmonton North mama,


Kandice

No comments:

Post a Comment