Monday, February 27, 2012

Fisher Price Musical Table-Review!







              When I found out that I had been asked to review this table, I was ecstatic. At 10.5 months old my little one still refused to stand up, and I was hoping this would be the motivation she needed. When we received the table, I was trying to attach the four legs (super easy assembly), Gabrielle wouldn't stop lunging at it. After I got it set up, she cried, realizing that it was too high for her to see from her very comfortable seat on the floor. So, I tried to stand her up, and for the first time, she did! Finally!




She's been playing with this table for about a week now, and anytime we set foot in our living room she points to it. All the excitement of the telephone rattle, the brilliant songs and lights, and the two page book with animals keeps her entertained while I get much  needed housework done. The different modes allow for different types of learning and interaction, though my daughter is currently obsessed with the "music" mode so we haven't experimented a lot with the other modes. 







I love that each of the corners of this table is an activity in itself. The laptop has lights, shapes, colours, and songs of its own, and it closes and opens. The telephone plays a brilliant "the phone is ringing so I say hello" song that both Gabrielle and her daddy LOVE. The phone actually comes off, so it's a toy in itself, which is a bonus. The book, Gabrielle's favourite, flips pages and changes songs each time the child moves it. And lastly, the piano. It has officially replaced the musical toy our daughter liked so much...it's fantastic!

All in all, I love this toy as a parent, and I know my daughter would agree. It'll keep her entertained long after she's walking, and it's a toy that will be fought over when there are other kids over for a playdate. It's tons of fun, but isn't mindless, so I can be confident letting my child spend as much time as she wants playing with it. The big bonus is the multiple modes, so that we can rotate between words and music, meaning this toy will likely  never get old in my daughter's eyes! Great selection of activities, great lights and songs, great table!





Your momstown Edmonton North mama,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment