Sunday, January 22, 2012

7 Signs of Mommy Aging

Since I got pregnant I’ve noticed that my body had changed quite a bit. Last week while I was watching T.V at my moms house, I noticed this one commercial played continuously about anti ageing creams and started wondering if it would fix all my mommy aging. By mommy aging I mean all the stuff I have really noticed that have changed since getting pregnant and having a baby. Now I am by no means considered `old`, only being 24, however some days I feel like I am falling apart at the seams. These are some of the signs of mommy aging:
  1. My brain has left the building, I really wish it would come back! It is really needed. Simple tasks now elude me at the worst of times. I am really embarrassed to admit but more than once I have left the house with my clothing on inside out or completely backwards or inside out and backwards.
  2. My bladder is faulty. Laughing, coughing, sneezing, cold weather, running water, even thinking about one of these has me running to the washroom. For the first time in my life when I go somewhere one of the first things I scope out is the bathroom, cause I sure don’t want to be caught in public doing a frantic pee dance looking for the washroom. So many times I have pulled up to my place, ran around the truck grabbed the baby and his seat and ran full tilt.
  3. My tear ducts are leaky. I am sure there is a constant leak somewhere in there. There is no way a person should tear up as much as I do. I never know what is going to set me off. It is quite irritating, someone is telling me a funny joke and I start crying. Haha I swear what you are saying is funny even though my mascara is running down my face, tears of joy, tears of joy. There are many things that are a no go in my thinking process, baby, happy baby, sad baby, something sad, something happy, something hilarious (because then I will also have to find a bathroom), pretty much anything that causes me emotion.
  4. My breasts hang low(er). My breasts came in quite fast when I was younger so they have never really been overly perky and now they definitely wont ever be perky again. This past week my much younger sister pointed this out to me in front of everyone including her much younger boyfriend. This didn’t embarrass me so much as remind me that I cannot leave my room with out a bra on. Every time she pointed this fact out to me I felt like belting out Do your boobs hang low do they wobble to and fro....
  5. I snap, crackle and pop. In fact I snap, crackle and pop in places that I didn’t know made those types of noises. In public I am scared to move when it is quiet, you can hear me from a mile away. Hide and seek is definitely out of the question, the person who is `it` will know exactly what direction I am going.
  6. My hair as seen better days. This is more me not putting any effort into my hair, but it counts right? Most days I can not even get a brush all the way through with out my little man going into hysterics. I have started relying heavily on pony tails and headbands. Which only makes me look younger than I am. Right now you are thinking how is that bad. It`s bad when I am asked where my parents are when I try to get a sample at the supermarket.
  7. The worst of it all for me, major stretch marks. I am not talking about the those who only get a few, I am talking about my whole stomach looking like a saggy spiderweb. That last month of my pregnancy when the doctor said “wow, you have a lot of extra fluidstill rings in my head when I look at myself in the mirror. I will now never be able to wear a bikini. Not that I have ever worn a bikini, but now I don’t have that option available to me, it makes the potentially skinny me sad. Oh well I will just have to wear a normal one piece... what am I complaining about I am one of those people who put a shirt over my bathing suit.

    The list can go on and on, but I wouldn’t change anything. I love my little man and all the laughter he brings to my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment