Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Many Hats of Eve... 5KM Walk & Rally in support of PPD!

We had a very successul 5km walk today! I woke up this morning to a beautiful blue, sunny sky and was so happy not to see rain. Don't get me wrong, I love rain, but didn't want to walk 5km's in it!

Upon arrival at Headcas Hats this morning, our starting point,  I quickly got all of the walkers checked in and then was met with a nice surprise: A camera man from Global! He interviewed me and filmed the start of the walk. It was a good beginning. The interview aired this evening at 6pm, I will place the footage or link on the PPDA website this week.

We had a good turnout. There were a few more than I expected and I think we had around 30 people. I had originally hoped for 50 or so, but 30 was a good start for our first year! And so we began our adventure shortly after 12:00pm. We stopped into all of the sponsoring businesses one after another for stamps on our prize passports (which will later go into a draw for a wide variety of prizes). Many of the businesses also had coupons and gift certificates for us and some had beverages or snacks. We had a nice scenic walk along the river and also had an opportunity to walk throught the city market!

We ended our walk at the new locatoin of 101.7 World FM where we got our last stamp and had a short rally. We took lots of pictures which I will have up on the website soon. I think everyone had a really good time and I feel like we made an impact! Thank you to everyone who took part!

Tascheleia

1 comment: