Sunday, November 27, 2011

Call Me Crazy..

So Friday night I went out for dessert with an old friend that I haven't seen in a while, and we got to talking. This friend doesn't have any children yet, but of course she asked how Gabrielle was. I found myself spending an inordinate amount of time talking about how hard being a mom is. Funny, because I love being a mom. There's nothing I love more than my  job as a mom. But I think sometimes it's nice to just ....well, if we're calling it what it is...whine.
     
              I whined. Yep. I told her how I hadn't slept in 3 days, how I expected for some strange reason that once babies slept a reasonable amount of time that meant that they'd CONTINUE to sleep that long. HA. HA. HA. I laughed (and whined) about how my lovely child was about to get teeth, and I'm hearing one horror story after the next about babies biting their mothers until they bleed. And I told her how Gabrielle just discovered that if she stops eating and squeezes my boob, milk shoots everywhere. Okay, that one's funny. I then proceeded to whine about how hubby just told me me my boobs are just "food objects" so it's not weird that they're everywhere all the time. LOL. Oh man. The life of a mom. And then we talked about television and kids, and I whined about how I wished I had cable so that just once in a while, I could plop my baby in front of the T.V. to give myself 20 minutes to breathe. And I went on about poop, and diapers, and on. And on. And on. At some point, she told me I was scaring her, and laughed. We continued talking about other things not baby related, and I thought nothing of it.
           
                   As I was walking to my car, I thought about how my stories probably sounded very scary to someone who doesn't have kids....to us mamas all of that is just another day, something we'll laugh off in a few days after we complain and have a giggle to each other about it. But then I thought, "Wow, I kind of scared ME." Lol. Wow, what a thought. Why on earth would I want more children if being a mom is this crazy? Really, I probably made it sound exhausting. Well, I thought, I didn't lie then. Okay, so I was crazy to have children. That's what came of that conversation.

              And then I got into my car. And the first thing I thought? I miss my baby. I want to wake her up when I get home, get a hug, and a kiss, and a snuggle. And then I want to see her big gummy smile and big blue eyes looking at me like I'm the most loved person in the whole world, and then my night will be complete. Then when I wake up in the morning, I get to play and cuddle and LOVE all day.  Everything about being a mom is funny, and scary, and overwhelming and.... amazing. And worth every second. That little girl is the greatest, most interesting, humbling, amazing, best thing that has ever happened to me.   Wow, do I ever love my little girl. And I want a whole bunch more just like her....call me crazy ;).


Your momstown Edmonton North mama,

Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! Your little girl is so lucky to have such a great mom :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete